Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Blogoversary

Wow! One year has passed.

I'm tired and I don't have a lot of time to write.

My son is clean. He's working. He's still using suboxone, but cutting back.

He went to a meeting, tonight, with his sponsor.

He is trying to quit smoking. He can't, but he's cutting back.

For the most part, he's no problem living here.

I get frustrated with what I perceive to be "laziness". My husband tells me he was that way at 20. He tells me my son is a typical 20 year.

I am learning to bite my tongue and to not fight little battles.

He's come a long way in one year-- three relapsed and 3 1/2 months of sobriety.

There is hope. We've been through so much. I don't wish this on any parent.

My heart goes out to addicts. I cannot fully understand the way an addict thinks. I cannot understand the agony of needing a fix.

I only know that my son has fought a valiant battle to stay sober. He appears to be maintaining his sobriety.

He is slowly learning life skills, and I am doing my best to be helpful.

We have good days, bonding. Some days, I feel frustrated at his immaturity.

Drugs have messed up his beautiful mind. He told me that tonight.

One year... I've been blogging for one year.

Wow.

I give God thanks for his mercy.

No comments: