Sunday, February 15, 2009

So far, so good

I'm sorry that I haven't blogged for several days. I am on a min-vacation from work. School is closed since Thursday, February 12th and will reopen on Wednesday, February 18th. I opted to work on the 12th, to catch up on paperwork and to make up on work hours that I missed when my son had his "relapse" episode a couple of weeks ago.

I've been enjoying the rain, sleeping in and doing a little baking and cooking new recipes.

As far as B goes-- I tested him yesterday morning, and he's clean. HisTHC comes up positive, still-- but I've been told that takes much longer to clear the system. I know that this might sound weird, but I'm not as worried about him smoking weed as I am his using opiates, of any kind.

Friday, B logged on to his college website registration page. Sure enough, he's enrolled in 9 units of classes. He has one more class to get his "add on" codes and then we can put him back on our insurance. Halleluia! That will save us a LOT of money!

As I am writing, he just came home. His sponsor might have to back to prison. "What?!", you might wonder....

Many sponsors, in the "program" have a history of incarceration. B has told me that D did "six years" for something unrelated to drug use. I don't know what it is, and he hasn't told me. I try to respect his boundaries and I don't ask. I'm just not a prying kind of person, by nature.

From what B has told me, D did not check in with his probation officer. So, he got arrested and it's in the hands of his PO as to what will happened. I've skimmed over the details. It's not something I feel I should share-- and, I take a lot of what I'm told with a grain of salt.

Addicts tell good stories, you know.

I'm going to make a big pot of soup, so that I can go back to enjoying the rain. It's nice to be home and rested.

As for B, I have to say that I feel we are starting on a better path of a good relationship. We are at the very beginning again. He knows he has a lot of work to do, to gain my trust. However, I have handed him my credit card to fill his gas tank (to go to school, and it's only once a week). He always brings me the receipt, and I log online to check my balance almost every day. Sure enough, he hasn't done anything sneaky.

Those are the blessings that I thank the Lord for. My son is trying to regain our trust.

One day at at time...

"Mom"

No comments: