Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No word from my son

As of this morning, I haven't heard from my son. He has been in touch with a really good friend of mine. Things are sounding promising, but ultimately it will be B's decision on what the next move will be.

As of yesterday, I heard (second hand) that it was unlikely his insurance will approve him staying beyond yesterday.

I've lost count on how many times I've wanted to call his treatment center. But, I made a promise to myself, to my son and to his counselors-- I will not call and "meddle". They promised that they would call me if there is a problem. So, I have to assume that no news is good news.

I will update this post if I hear anything new.

Prayerfully,

"Mom"

It is now late afternoon, and I am taking a quick break from my desk. I have not heard a thing from my son, his recovery center, nor anyone else. I am starting to feel myself becoming tense, because I want to know where he is. I just need to know that he is safe.

My friends have an appointment to meet with my son and his counselors tomorrow (Thursday) at his recovery center. Their goal is to sit with my son and to discuss what his next move will be-- of course, this all depends on if B is still at the recovery center.

I have been looking at my phone, coming very close to calling the recovery center. I want to ask the person who has been trying to get Blue Shield to approve a longer stay.

But... I need to learn how to wait, and trust. This is not easy for me.

Breathe... pray...trust...wait.

1 comment:

Goldie said...

I hope that your insurance covers your son. I can feel your pain. Let me know what happens tomorrow, Debby. I have two Psalms for you to read that might comfort you. Read Psalms 23 and 25. I am hoping that the insurance covers your son so that he will have a longer stay at the detox center. Just know that I am praying for you both. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Goldie