Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How am I feeling today?

This morning, I am feeling "anxious" and "peaceful". Those two words are contadictions, aren't they?

Proverbs 12:25 (New International Version)
25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
I am feeling anxious, wondering if I'm going to receive a phone call from my son or his father.

Psalm 91:1 (Amplified Bible)
1HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
The peaceful feeling comes from, constantly and prayerfully, reminding myself that God is with me.

I can see why the 12-Step program is centered on a Higher Power. There are so many books available for me to read and it is somewhat daunting. That is why I still lean on the bible to give me the answers, comfort, guidance and wisdom that I need.

The two scriptures that I have listed, above are what I need to focus on.

It is my hope and prayer that my son will be blessed with one more week at this recovery center. However, I need to be reminded that God is in control of this.

So, I will wait and focus my energy on Him, my Higher Power-- God. When I am feeling anxious, I will remember to encourage others and to be cheerful. It is true, I have learned-- when we are feeling "down" then we need to lift others up. It will cheer our hearts.

I know. I've put this into practice countless times. If I lift someone up, and encourage them it makes me feel much better.

That's my thought for today, for now.

Debby

No comments: