Monday, April 14, 2008

Will B be checked out tomorrow?

Well, here comes my first challenge.

I got a call from my son, that he would most likely have to leave the medical facility tomorow (Tuesday). It doesn't look like Blue Shield is going to pay for the additional recovery treatment that he needs.

My son wants to return home (his dad's house) to pick up his car. He needs a ride home. He says that he has places to stay where he has been in treatment. His plan is to return back to the area he's been in and then to come in to the facility for outpatient care. That means that he will come to the facility from 8:30am till 4:30pm.

My dear friends have an option available for him, that would mean he goes to another place. It will be free, and it's a live-in recovery center. My son doesn't want to consider it. He's been told it's in a bad area. My friends don't understand that, because they know the facility. I am helpless to know what's best for my son. I need to stay calm and to pray and wait...

B's father has been calling me, but I won't answer the phone. I have my reasons, but they are mainly because I think B's father has been enabling him far too long. I think that B's father wants me to come and pick up our son (his father is in another state, at this time). I don't want to play a role in this, as I think it's not a good decision.

I have thought long and hard, and I don't want to pick him up. I can't take time off work, and I am hoping that B will not return here (his home and the same city where I live). It's what his counselors don't think he should, do either.

It's my bedtime, so I hope that I don't get a late night call that will wake me up.

I need to take care of my health.

My automatic mom's tendency is to try and figure out a solution. I need to remember that B is now a legal adult. I need to let him make his own choice for his recovery. If it's wrong, then I cannot interfere.

Heavenly Father, I trust that you have a plan for my son. I pray that B will follow your will.
Thank you for your mercy on him. Please keep my son from harm.

In Jesus' Name

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this blog. We are praying for your son.